The American Anglican Council is a network of individuals, parishes, dioceses and ministries who affirm biblical authority and Christian orthodoxy within the Anglican Communion. By the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit, the mission of the American Anglican Council is to build up and defend Great Commission Anglican churches in North America and worldwide through advocacy and counsel, leadership development and equipping the local church.
The vision of the AAC is both local and global. Locally, our vision is to help Anglican Churches in North America become transformed by the Holy Spirit, with leaders and parishes who are Biblically inspired, united, confessing and passionately committed to fulfilling Christ’s Great Commission. Within the global Communion of Anglican Churches our vision is to help leaders and national churches return Anglicanism to its biblical and apostolic roots, to prevail over all false gospels, to unite with other biblical and apostolic Christians and, together, to fulfill Christ’s Great Commission in the world.
- Build up and defend orthodox biblical Anglicans worldwide
- Equip the local church to fulfill the Great Commission
- Counsel and defend Anglicans in distress
- Forge and maintain a working consensus among orthodox Anglicans in North America based on Anglican essentials
- Establish our "Church ReVitalization" congregational development group, a program for congregational growth that includes teaching, discussion and coaching on leadership, vision, evangelism, discipleship, every member ministry, healing, and gifts and ministry of the Holy Spirit. The goal is to help churches establish a missional DNA that is every-member based, Spirit-filled, biblically driven and outwardly focused.
- Present our Clergy Leadership Training Institute (CLTI) for rectors and other clergy leaders that will provide ongoing formation of leadership skills for mission, good governance, conflict resolution, congregational planning and development. Ongoing formation will include pastoral care, peer coaching and continuing education through small groups and individual coaching.