Bishops Leadership Academy
bishops leadership academy
WHERE CAN ACNA BISHOPS FIND TIME FOR MUTUAL ENCOURAGEMENT, CONVERSATIONS ON EPISCOPAL LIFE AND LEADERSHIP, SHARING OF BEST PRACTICES, and MUTUAL CARE AND PRAYER?
The Bishops Leadership Academy provides training in episcopal life and ministry for both recently consecrated bishops and veteran bishops desiring a “tune-up.” Topics include:
- Introduction and Overview of Diocesan Episcopal Ministry
- Spiritual Authority in Episcopal Ministry
- The Bishop as Chief Pastor and “Spiritual Father” to the clergy
- The Bishop as Evangelist, Teacher and Guardian of the Faith
- The Bishop as Guardian of Discipline (Title IV overview and best practices)
- The Bishop as Administrator (with focus on relationship to the Standing Committee or its equivalent and Diocesan staff)
Presentations and discussions on the spiritual, physical, and emotional health of the bishop and his family provide a wholistic opportunity for ministry to those attending. In addition to large group sessions, bishops meet in small groups for sharing and prayer, for longer conversations around larger issues, and for fellowship and recreation.
Bishops Leadership Academies are scheduled on an as-needed basis. To inquire about the next BLA, contact us today!